Our introductory workshop, BodyMatters is targeted towards the Level 2 students with an age range of 14-18 years old. BodyMatters is a 3 hour workshop which will engage students with the value of non sexual touch.
Students are introduced to the science of wellbeing achieved through physical touch particularly through the role of oxytocin, the chemical released through all touch experience, and its role in physical and mental wellbeing.
The concept of consent is also explored, as wellbeing through touch is dependant upon authentic consent. Students then engage in guided role play to help them to find their own ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ through the medium of platonic touch, and be able to communicate it to others with confidence.
Links will be made to consent in peer relationships and in on street and on line encounters.
Students attending this workshop will :
- learn the benefits of non-sexual touch.
- learn to have confidence in being able to say ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ in line with their integrity, whether this be physically, socially and on-line.
- walk away knowing what ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ mean and have more confidence in using their ‘Yes’ and ‘No’.
- walk away / sign off knowing that they have a whole body and they can improve wellbeing through their body without sex.
- be provided with new tools to effectively safeguard themselves.